Open Source CMS Market Share
A digital agency named Water and Stone has put together a research report about the popularity and usage of varying open source content management systems. Its an interesting quick read, but if you just want the cliffs notes, then here’s their summary:
- The Big Three — WordPress, Joomla! and Drupal — remain firmly in command of the market.
- WordPress has taken the lead in brand strength after a strong growth year.
- The gap continues to narrow between .NET market leader DotNetNuke and contender Umbraco. This continues the trend observed in the 2009 Report.
- Liferay leads the Java WCM market, though Alfresco is not far behind and in fact leads in several metrics.
- Up and coming systems to watch include: Concrete5 and Umbraco.
- Systems possibly at risk include: Textpattern and Xoops.