Wordpress is technically a blogging system, but it has grown into a formidable CMS by adding good page management features, media uploading and management, as well as numerous other features that help it to manage content.
Current Version: 3.0
Development: Community Driven
Hosting: Own Server, Free hosting
Source: Open Source
License: GNU GPL
WordPress is best for bloggers, but is certainly capable of much more. The new administration pages really make managing your site a breeze. The ease of installing and upgrading make it a great fit for non developers. It has everything it needs for what most people want and need for blogging: Posts, comments, media, links, simple pages, users, etc. The new 2.7 admin interface is slick and very customizable.
WordPress (like a lot of open source applications) is updated often and is in constant change. It becomes easy to add plugins for functionality that may become outdated or stop working when WordPress updates. It can handle simple websites splendidly, but has limitations for bigger sites and when there are needs for more complicated kinds of content.
- Wordpress Home The official home of Wordpress
- The Codex The documentation and help files
- Wordpress.com Where non-technical users can go to sign up for a blog without a webhost
- Support Forums Where you can go to ask a question
- Wordpress Planet A collection of Wordpress blogs
- WordPress Sports Team Theme A WordPress theme for high school, college, and little league teams.
- WordPress Family Blog A WordPress theme for mom bloggers, proud dads, and close families.
- Suggest a Link
Related Site News:
User Reviews: Submit Your Own
You must be logged in to post a comment.