Textpattern is a flexible, elegant, and easy to use CMS. It is article-based, much like a blog. With it you can publish articles, links, images, and files. Textpattern opts for Textile instead of a WYSIWYG editor. Textile is a simple syntax for creating XHTML.
Current Version: 4.3.0
Development: Community Driven
Hosting: Own Server
Source: Open Source
License: BSD License
Textpattern strips out all the unnecessary stuff and leaves you with a very straightforward CMS. It functions like a blog, where you can write and edit articles, and then list them in a myriad of ways. Of course, it also has a plethora of great plugins that can extend its base functionality.
The textile syntax is easy to learn, but clients may not want to learn and may prefer a WYSIWYG editor instead. The layout seems a little dated and could use some modernization, new ability to use admin templates helps that though.
- Textpattern.com The central hub for Textpattern and its resources.
- Textpattern Resources The offical place to find plugins, mods, templates, and tutorials.
- Textpattern Forum Ask for help and get feedback.
- Textbook The wiki documentation about Textpattern.
- Textpattern Solutions A book devoted to Textpattern for designers and developers.
- TXP Tips A resource for tips, tutorials and code for building TXP powered sites
- Suggest a Link